Saturday 14 September 2013

DIY Metal Bookmark Display


I have wasted spent many an hour on Pinterest looking at jewellery displays for craft markets. I've worked on a new table layout for my upcoming events, but I was very stuck on how best to display my beaded bookmarks and bag charms.

So, inspired by this image, I decided to have a go at making my own. Starting with an Ikea RIBBA picture frame, I painted the back board in black poster paint. Once this had dried I laid two lengths of thin ribbon around the frame, leaving the ends loose and untied at the side (well, this isn't what I actually did, but is what I'd do if I tried again!). I then replaced the glass and back board and secured the clips. I then pulled the ribbon tight and tied the ends, snipping them close to the knot.


I'm quite pleased with the finished article, it fits in quite nicely with my new logo, and I'm very excited about using it on my table at Derby Arts & Craft Fayre in a fortnight!

1 comment:

  1. Does this have a support piece on the backside? Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete