Isn't she a beaut? The clips work perfectly and it even had two original keys with it. I decided to use wooden pegs covered with the washi tape I've used on the rest of my display to make it tie in, and when I tried those against the lining I found they matched very well, so hurrah - no need to alter the interior!
This was my first rough layout, using a board I'd used for display previously for size as I knew they were still stocked in my local Wilkinson (and for just £2!). I decided on two rows of pegs for necklaces on the left, and pegs for cards with earrings on under the board. I'd at this point not decided what would go on the cork board (impulsive, moi??)! So the next stage was using blu-tak to mock up the layout and check distances etc.
This was a very useful stage as it helped me to realise I'd need to stagger the pegs for necklaces to allow the upper row space to hang properly. The pegs were then glued down (I used acrylic glue and it seems to be holding well so far, touch wood!) and a new cork board painted and trimmed with lace & more washi tape. For the pendants I made swing tags to hang over the pegs to clearly display the price & any other details from the same Kraft card tags I used for the earrings plus some blue & white twine I had.
The cork board I had a little more trouble attaching due to the slight curve of the outside of the case, so in the end I used Command Strip(TM) picture strips and they were brilliant. Then it was just a case of working out what was to go where!
This Saturday will be the case's first official outing, at De Bradelei Mill in Belper, and I'm very looking forward to seeing how it all works together! I'll be sure to post some 'in use' pictures when it's all set up.